21 de septiembre de 2014

VII. SELF-ASSESSMENT AND EVALUATION OF OUR LEARNING IN THE COURSE

Taking this subject had been a great experience, first this subject had helped me to improve some skills as speaking because sometimes I felt afraid to be standing in front of a class and now I don't. Also, I have learned to use some tools as Knovio presentations that could help me when working at a school in the future.
Furthermore, I have learned about English has been changing and how it has been adopted by many countries around the world as a second language and it continues been studied as a foreign language in countries as our, El Salvador.
Also, I enjoyed working with children at Kindergarten being the English teacher. I loved when they called me TEACHER ALEX.

By Alex Mezquita

************************************************

Well, actually I used to think that this subject was a waste of time because I don't want to be a teacher. But as the time passed I realized that  it is a very useful subject because we had a glance of what is to be a teacher like; however, this haven't changed my mind  and I still don't want to be a teacher.


Regarding of all the other activities we did in the subject I reckon it has been such a great experience because it involved a lot of group work an encounter with new tools that we can use later.

I have some pieces of advice to somehow improve this teacher  training course:
* To bring more didactic material to the classroom not only the typical laptop and lcd projector, whiteboard. nowadays out there are more tools that teachers can bring to the classroom.

* I think that it will be nice if they take the time like to take us to some kinder to see different styles of teaching.

By Francisco Ramón

************************************************

My teaching practice was a great and beautiful experience because at the beginning of my career, I was afraid of that, but in my second week of teaching I was really enjoying what I was doing because kids are so adorable, they learn quickly and they are full of energy. I found many kinds of kids in the kindergarten, but all of them were good at learning English. I think that I learned a lot, even how to interact with other teachers.

By Wendy Estrada