24 de septiembre de 2014

IV. WHEN THINGS GO WRONG IN CLASS

- Situations I faced in my teaching practicum


  • An external disturbance, once the ambassadress of Chile was visiting the school because the embassy helps the school with its needing, the ambassadress entered the classroom and the children were surprised because of her visit. I had to stop the class and let them greet the ambassadress.

  • An activity was too difficult, as a review on the colors and the number I used a worksheet in which the children had to color the drawing according the number in each section on it. They did not understand what they had to do at the moment I was explaining, so I had to explain it again but in a different way what they had to with the drawing.

By Alex Mezquita

****************************************************************


The process of teaching kindergarten kids was a priceless memory, but not everything worked well always there were some moments where I had to face some issues like:



An internal disturbance:

I was teaching  my class and like in the middle of my class a guy, "Steven" ,  pissed  and everyone started mocking at him. Also, once in the middle of an activity a kid stood up crying and went out of the classroom.

In both cases, I tried to calm down the other kids and help the troubled kids with their problems, and tell them tat there was no problem that it was something normal.



Extra time

Once I don't know why but my class lasted one hour and a half, and  I  was like damn what do I have to do?  
I improvised some activities and the time passed flying.


By Francisco Ramón

***************************************************


- There was an internal disturbance.
I rarely had an internal disturbance but, as we learned with the TVYL, I tried to use that disturbance to explain the topic that I was teaching. For example, one day I was teaching colors and a boy screamed just because he wanted to do it and I called him to the front of their classmates and I asked them the color of the cloth that he was wearing.

 - The class went out of control.

This was one of my biggest challenge because children used to play with the toys that were in the classroom and also, one day I realized that a group of girls were using makeup and I didn't know what to do, if take them out the make up or just to warm them, but at the end,  I just asked them to pay attention in a polite way I and tried to make them participate more.

By Wendy Estrada